Campus Lunch and Learn this Friday on NSF I-Corps

The National Science Foundation’s Innovation Corps (I-Corps) program accelerates the economic and societal benefits of NSF-funded basic research projects that are ready to move toward commercialization. Teams that successfully complete the program receive a $50,000 award which supports work to systematically identify and address knowledge gaps to find the best path forward. On Friday, February 7th at 12pm, Discovery to Product (D2P) will be hosting an informational panel discussion on the program, featuring UW‒Madison researchers that have participated in the national I-Corps program.

This info session will be a great opportunity to learn from two UWMadison teams that went through the national I-Corps program last year, seeking to identify the commercial path forward for innovations which originated on campus. One team was part of the Chicago I-Corps cohort based on work from the lab of Hongrui Jiang & Hewei Liu in Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE), while the other team was in the San Francisco cohort and was led by Andreas Velten and Sebastian Bauer from ECE and Biostatistics & Medical Informatics. The teams were mentored through this process by D2P’s Abram Becker and Kieran Furlong, respectively.

Registration is now closed.